This blog is for family and friends who wish to following Trevan as he sacrifices his time and talents to go forth and teach the Gospel in the Belgium/Netherlands Mission for the next two years. Follow him as he grows through experience, challenges and triumphs throughout his mission. May our prayers provide him comfort and protection as he serves the people in his mission and may we all be inspired to be missionaries in our own lives.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Een Heel Fijne Kerstmis - December 28, 2015

It was one fine Christmas this last week. Definitely one to remember. First off, just about everyone that I have talked to was sick at the beginning of the week. And it was no different for me. Ha-ha I´ve never been sick on my mission until Tuesday when we got home and I puked up EVERYTHING from that day. I was just a 24 hour deal and we still worked the whole next day but it relapsed a bit and made me a little sick Christmas morning ha-ha. 

But I´m alive and well and it honestly was a huge blessing that it didn´t affect our work at all.

It´s interesting how on a mission you begin to understand Christmas and not only enjoy it. It is so true, coming from what Elder Holland experienced on his mission. I´ve been spoiled to have had a Belgian as well as a Dutch Christmas. I love Christmas on a mission. I thought it would always be super hard to not be home and not have the same feeling but in the service of the Lord the Spirit fills you with charity and love towards others, and mostly, a gratitude and sense of perspective for the things you already have.

Their service project was in the newspaper -  wish I could read dutch
Christmas Eve we were knocking doors sharing a Christmas message when we found Rene, a nice guy who knew we were Mormons and old us to come back the next morning. So Christmas morning (after my awkward pregnant like morning sickness status) we went and were able to teach him about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. And he ended up giving us green tea and I poured it in the cup wrong and ruined the whole cup of tea ha-ha so shout outs to Peter Priesthood over here still not knowing how to prepare tea...

We are teaching a good amount right now which is nice, especially for the season we are in. We got a new investigator this week that was visiting a member and she told us how she had so many questions and was soOOo done being Catholic so we will meet with her Thursday.

There really isn´t that much to tell because I just told everything on Skype Friday... But we had a great few days with loving members. We ate dinner in Zutphen, a city surrounded by a castle and VERY European.

New Years is supposed to be nuts in Holland so there should be some good stories coming up soon.


Love

Elder Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment