Hey everyone, this week we are cut a little short on time so I will try to write fast. First off, TRANSFERS began yesterday and I am staying here. Thank goodness because people were scaring me saying that I was going to Amsterdam at the last minute. But I get to stay, even though Elder Abankie is leaving to Emmen.
This last week was incredible full of splits, exchanges, and the temple! Saturday we went to Zoetermeer for another of Elder Abankie´s temple sessions and it was packed. They had to pull chairs in and have translation into French, German, and English while the session was in Dutch. IT was really cool to see so many people at the temple, travelling from far away to take part in that blessing.
Now, reasons why yesterday was one of the funniest, happiest, craziest Sundays of my mission:
1. Elder Abankie and I are taking selfies at the door of the church with members, Oma Peters walks in, looks at us and says Tjongejonge basically meaning ´you dorks´ before being escorted to her seat in Relief Society.
2. In a full Gospel Principles class we begin reading about the Brother of Jared, someone states what his real name is (Mahanrimoriancumr or whatever) and Elder Abankie mistakes it for a recited prayer used to convert to Islam. Perfect.
3. We had the primary program in sacrament meeting. Not much tops hearing the songs you loved as a kid being sung by 25 kids, in the language you have fallen in love with. Classic.
4. We had our annual lunch with Oma and Opa Kloosterboer in which Oma Kloosterboer got caught in a laugh attack, making it next to impossible to finish our erte soup with class.
5. JOSE. WE had a lesson yesterday reviewing the Restoration and following up with her commandment keeping. Last week I told her she could choose 2 of the 4 days between appointments to have a cup of coffee, and to go buy new tea. I ask her about it, and she bought a bunch of new tea, and drank coffee ONE of the 2 days then swore off of it afterward. She kills it, every time. We planned her baptismal service yesterday and she was so giddy and excited :)
6. We ate dinner last night with Oma Peters. We thought she was making pannenkoeken for us but so when we asked about it she looked at us like we were crazy and said she would never cook something like that for missionaries of the church hahaha then she went on to teach us Fries many more unnecessary words that exist in the Dutch language.
7. Top that off with insane transfer calls and number reporting and it was quite the Sabbath Day.
My new companion is Elder Childs which is gonna be great. I have been around him quite a bit and he won´t put up with crap (are there is a lot right now) so hopefully we can sternly corral this zone into order.
It should be good. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your prayers for Jose. She is such a killer investigator. We practiced baptizing yesterday and she is so pumped haha only 2 more weeks!
We have zone training in a week and a half, transfers, new planning and tons of adventures in front of us. And we only have 5 weeks this transfer so the Lord is gonna smash all those miracles and adventures and moments of pure insanity into 35 days. Let´s go.
Elder Trevan Scott Reese
So the temple is getting work done right now and a crane ended up hitting Moroni up top. So now he is at a slight 20 degree slant. But the new one is ordered and UPS should be here in 3-5 business days.