This blog is for family and friends who wish to following Trevan as he sacrifices his time and talents to go forth and teach the Gospel in the Belgium/Netherlands Mission for the next two years. Follow him as he grows through experience, challenges and triumphs throughout his mission. May our prayers provide him comfort and protection as he serves the people in his mission and may we all be inspired to be missionaries in our own lives.

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 2, 2015

I am writing to you today through my gushing tears regarding the devastating loss of my Seahawks in such a fashion that will never be forgotten or "picked"away. First of let me express my hatred for the Patriots. Hate em. But oh well. Sounds like a phenomenal game. And a crazy catch at the end using feet? Looks like America is starting to understand FOOTball after all. But unfortunate, nonetheless.

This transfer is flying by. We are already one week 2 and all we have really done is rehearse write and teach. Which is good. We are getting real far with our music program and now have 3 songs in the process of perfecting. Some of them are so hard haha one has 6 flats then key changes into 5 sharps. It’s like reading Chinese and then Spanish. It really sounds good though and I am learning a lot of piano skill like improvising and making up melodies.

We alternate between going to Leiden and Den Haag to practice almost every day and spent about 6 hours there each. It has been really neat. I can’t even imagine what this would be like without the guidance of the Savior in it. Everything we have written fits so well and is taught so well that it can’t be anything but inspired. And with the songs I am playing I MUST tell you that it isn’t even me playing them. I still have no idea how I am pulling it off. I just start playing and it really is like someone else takes over and it works. I sit at the piano and feel like I am watching someone else guide and use my hands. I am telling you, His guidance and Spirit is real. I see it every day in every note. It isn’t even me playing. I know that this is an inspired assignment because I see evidence of it every minute. I am so grateful to be a part of it.

I went back to Brussel on Friday to get my driver’s license exchanged and the office elders forgot it in the office sooooooo I have to go back on Thursday to do it for real. I had a little vacation back to Belgium for a day and had another good waffle though. That’s like 16 Belgian waffles now....
There were military men with huge M40s and AKs all around the city so that was fun. The entire EU facility looked like a barricade. Belgian roads are so nuts too haha no lanes just cobblestones.

WE have met some really cool members in the Den Haag ward with dinner appointments and have been able to teach some cool people.

Wednesday we had a dinner appointment with a lady named Frederique Groen who is inactive and her father was an area representative but she has no reason to be inactive, she just stopped going. We ate with them and she told us how the church made her happy and we left a little spiritual thought and prayer with her and her husband and two kids. This is crazy because the chance of you teaching a family in the Netherlands let alone in Europe is incredibly small. Miracles.

We met a guy named Jones who is studying aerospace engineering which was awesome because he is way smart and you usually don’t get many people like that here either haha. HE fasted with us yesterday and we plan on seeing him again this week to help him progress more toward baptism. He is so ready for it too. He is from Barbados.

We ride our bikes all over Delft and I can’t even describe how beautiful it is. Really I just want everyone to come see it for themselves. It is Sunny today finally and the canals and glimmering and the cobblestone street ways and shiny and the windmills are spinning and people are selling flowers in the market shops. SO PRETTY. I really will be excited to be done working on this project so that we can work more in Delft.

That has been the most difficult part of this week is having time. We get hardly any proselyting time in because of travel on the trains and music and dinner appointments and planning and things like that. It's hard because I came on a mission to change people’s lives and give them something that they know is familiar and brings more joy than anything else ever could. But we can’t find time to get out doing it. It has been an internal battle for me haha because honestly we are doing just about everything we can because this music thing is an assignment and will bring people to Christ so it is missionary work but our investigators are being put on hold a little which is so painful to have in the back of your mind.

And now I have to go to Brussels again for a whole day ahhhh I get to go to Brussel and I treat it like it is a punishment. What is happening to me?

Its super cool to hear of everyone getting mission calls back home! Thanks for keeping me posted it makes my day!

Have a great week this week. I made videos to send home this week but the files are too big, bummer I will have to show you in a little over a year and a half.

Holy smokes I hit 6 months this week

 I had a neat little experience this last week that you will think is cool mom.
You remember living in Highland and when you were in young women’s there where the maughan sisters?

When I was in Brussel on Friday Zuster Maughan was with us and she said she was from Highland and went to Freedom Elementary with us. She looked a little familiar and told me she lived kind of by where we were and that she had a twin sister. I remembered who she was and she knew who you were when she was a beehive in young women’s!

She said she knew Sister Reese and it was crazy to run into our neighbor in Brussels Belgium! It was super cool.

Here is a picture of us in the office Friday after our Brussel trip. And poor elder Hosea who is on crutches


Love, Elder Trevan Scott Reese

This is our new address by the way

Westvest 77
2611 AZ Delft
The Netherlands
(letters only, use Mission home address for packages)

No comments:

Post a Comment