This blog is for family and friends who wish to following Trevan as he sacrifices his time and talents to go forth and teach the Gospel in the Belgium/Netherlands Mission for the next two years. Follow him as he grows through experience, challenges and triumphs throughout his mission. May our prayers provide him comfort and protection as he serves the people in his mission and may we all be inspired to be missionaries in our own lives.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cheated. - August17, 2015


Again, I pay a heavy price for describing last week as average and anything less that significant.

We begin with Thursday. Elder Bruneau and another greenie in the district needed to go to Belgium for legality so I was on exchanges in Roosendaal until they got back. We had a fantastic day and taught a lot of lessons with very warm sunny weather. 

Then Poseidon came.

After our last appointment, we walk outside to some sprinkles and dark clouds. We round the corner and mother nature's fury unleashes and we are in a full fledged thunderstorm trying to get to the train station. We get to the station and take refuge under the bike covers. Classy.

We get over to the trains and the other elders jump on and right before the doors close we hear an announcement saying all train traffic between Goes and Middelburg, aka our way home was impossible haha. They seriously used that word, onmogelijk, because of the massive storm. So we jumped on and got a sleepover approved. Money.  Also contacted a cool, soaking wet lady in the train as well. Blessings.

Get back to the station and it’s just bucketing. Roosendaal, had to bike home HAHA and we took a bus back. Sounds like we got the better end of the deal right? WRONG. They put us on the WRONG BUS. So we got to the end in the middle of nowhere and tried calling but you can’t hear much over the thunder and rain. This is about 2 hours into the ordeal. We were walking around the streets, aka swimming pools, looking for a map or something to get to their apartment. We finally met up and went back, phone waterlogged, clothes dripping wet.

Next day, Friday, we head back, clothes still not dry, and get home to a disaster in the apartment. A window had blown open and the storm threw all paper and material EVERYWHERE. So as Elder Bruneau cleaned up I made lunch and realized I didn’t have my keys. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find them so started rummaging for my spare bike key. Found it, nice, but forgot about the kitchen. Went back and the sink was still on with water running everywhere. I am so sick of water.

So we clean eat and collect ourselves, service from t mobile is down still from the storm, and that night, when I was just done with everything, Guess what happens.

The fire alarm starts going off. So we throw it under blankets, go to bed, and the next morning since it still won’t stop we fill up the sink with water and throw it inside. What do you know water is useful for something. Haven’t heard a peep since. 

In terms of sane missionary work, the APs came on splits which was fun, found a new investigator, got 2 people to church, an American family visited doing a bike tour from Brussel to Amsterdam, taught great lessons, and I’m getting transferred out.

.......

That’s right. I’M GETTING TRANSFERRED OUT. My heart has been stolen, nourished, given back, picked up, dropped, and shattered. Sunday night I was devastated. Yesterday and Sunday I had to say goodbye to so many people who I love with all my heart. These people are what a saint must be. Lots of tears too. Funny how only 6 weeks will do that. We did more service this week and were with the wonderful, amazing, unbelievable branch a lot. No words can express my love for this branch. My favorite place in the mission is here. Hands down. First stop for family to visit. Also mom, a member or two is going to email you pictures of us and maybe write some things too.

So Tomorrow I head to Apeldoorn. APELDOORN. Super sick. I get such cool places to serve. I will be a zone leader over the largest zone in the mission. And Elder Morrell and Elder Cook are both there hahahaa it will be so much fun and I truly am very excited. But it comes at a price...

I love you all

I promise I am sane regardless of what this text otherwise connotes.

Elder Trevan Scott Reese


No comments:

Post a Comment